LEAD IN TOY KILLS 4-YEAR OLD BOY
The Estate of Jarnell Brown v. Reebok International Ltd.
Case: Product Liability and Wrongful Death
Athletic shoe and apparel maker Reebok International Ltd. included a gift with purchase charm bracelet that contained toxic levels of lead and resulted in the death of 4-year-old Jarnell Brown of Minneapolis Minnesota. The civil penalty is the largest ever for a violation of the Federal Hazardous Substances Act. Jarnell died after ingesting the plate from the gift with purchase from Reebok .
The Brown family reached a confidential settlement with Reebok in Hennepin County District Court. The family attorney James Heuer Jr.; settled the case without litigation. Settlement demand with no court hearing.